Emergency Dentist Boca Raton
Boca Raton Cosmetic Dentist provides emergency dentist Boca Raton services to patients experiencing a dental emergency. We will do our absolute best to treat your dental emergency within 24 hours. We hope that you never have to deal with a dental emergency, but should one occur, call our office at 561-562-4085.
If it is during office hours, we will do our best to accommodate you. Unfortunately, dental emergencies sometimes occur after hours. If such an event arises, you will find Dr. Pohl very accessible and capable of handling most dental emergencies.
What Dental Emergencies Do We Treat in Boca Raton?
People need an emergency dentist in Boca Raton for a variety of reasons, and emergencies can strike at any time. Oral pain can be debilitating and prevent you from carrying on with your regular life. A lot of times, it can get so bad that you need to have it treated right away. Dr. Pohl is here for you regardless of your dental emergency, and when it happens, he’ll do his best to get you taken care of as quickly as possible.
Some possible dental emergencies that you may have that we can help with include:
- Tooth Ache or Pain
- Emergency Root Canal Treatment
- Broken Tooth Extractions
- Swollen and Infected Gums
- Tissue or Tooth Trauma
- Broken Dentures
- Fractured or Lost Veneers
Whether you experience a tooth injury playing sports, an accident around the house or your gums get swollen, and you are starting to feel pain, we can help. Regardless of the cause of your tooth pain, Dr. Pohl will make accommodations to get you in as fast as possible so we can treat the cause of the pain.
What Should I Do in The Meantime Until I’m Able to Get to the Dentist?
Depending upon what your dental emergency is, there may be a few things that you can do to help alleviate the pain or at least minimize the damage, or need for further treatments until you can get into our office to see the dentist. Each case is different, so it is important to call our office and ask the doctor what you should do, but there are some general guidelines to follow when dealing with common dental injuries.
If a Tooth Gets Knocked Out
Especially in children, getting a tooth knocked out is a fairly common occurrence. It can happen to kids when playing sports or roughhousing with friends, and it can also happen to adults too. When you or one of your children gets their tooth knocked out, these are the steps that you can take to try and save the tooth.
- Locate the tooth if possible
- If dirty, rinse the tooth using only water
- Do not wipe or rub the tooth
- Place the tooth back in the socket if possible, and bite down on a cloth or gauze cloth to minimize the bleeding
- If you cannot place the tooth back in the socket, place the tooth in a container of milk, saltwater or saliva and bring it to the dentist’s office with you. Allowing the tooth to dry out greatly reduces the chances of saving the tooth
- Get to an emergency dentist as soon as possible!
If a Tooth Gets Cracked
Teeth can crack for a variety of reasons, including accidents or getting hit in the face or mouth, tooth decay, or an old filling. Depending on the cause of the crack and the severity of the damage, you may experience little pain or severe pain. The severe pain is usually from damaged or exposed nerves, and this can be debilitating. Either way, it is important to get to a dentist right away to get the tooth fixed. In the meantime there are a few things you can do:
- Rinse your mouth with warm water
- Apply pressure with gauze on any bleeding areas for about 10 minutes until the bleeding stops. You can also apply pressure with a teabag if the gauze does not stop the bleeding
- To help with pain, apply a cold pack to the cheek or lips over the broken tooth
- If not able to get to the dentist right away, cover the broken part of the tooth with temporary dental cement, available at your local drugstore
- Over the counter pain relievers should help at least lessen the pain until you are able to get to your dentist
Other Dental Emergencies That We Can Help You With In Boca Raton
As a cosmetic dentist in Boca Raton, we treat all types of dental emergencies, including those related to cosmetic dentistry procedures. Do you have broken dentures? Has one of your veneers from a previous procedure cracked? Boca Raton Cosmetic Dentist can help. Give us a call today at 561-562-4085!
Start Seeing Results Today
Creating Beautiful Smiles. Great Teeth, Better Life.
Dr. Pohl has helped thousands of patients transform their lives. Schedule your free dental consultation.Request An Appointment