A big, bright white smile can be essential to someone’s presentation, meaning that choosing the best Boynton Beach cosmetic dentist is equally important. At our local cosmetic dentist office, we specialize in all different areas of cosmetic dentistry, dental hygiene, and other specialty areas in the dental industry. We combine artistic expertise along with the latest advances in cosmetic dental materials and techniques to create the beautiful smile of your dreams.
Whether you are self-conscious about the way you smile, have a damaged tooth, or just need to come in for a routine dental hygiene appointment, call us today. There is no better dental office in the Boynton Beach area to take care of all of your dental needs. Come in for an exam, and we will evaluate all of the different options we offer for your dental needs and will consult with you to determine which is the best option for you. Dr. Pohl brings extensive knowledge and experience with him to work every single day, so you can count on the best dental work in Boynton Beach!
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a general term for any kind of dental work that improves the appearance of one’s teeth or gums. That being said, there are new methods and procedures being developed all the time. New methods allow us to quickly and efficiently treat all of your dental conditions, whether it be whitening, fillings, crowns, or our most popular treatment porcelain veneers. The appearance of your teeth and gums can have a direct impact on your daily life. Come in and consult with our Boynton Beach cosmetic dentist Dr. Mitchell Pohl as he can help you regain your confidence. It is quite possible for you to come in for just a few quick appointments and leave with a completely new smile. What is holding you back?
Benefits of Good Dental Hygiene
It is recommended that you should practice good oral hygiene on a daily basis. The key to healthy teeth and gums is keeping plaque and food decay from building up around your teeth. Plaque and food decay attract harmful bacteria that cause cavities, gum disease, and persistent bad breath. Your tongue also attracts bacteria. While eating, small fragments of food collect on your tongue and decay. This creates a white film on the top of your tongue in the form of bacteria. Practicing these four steps to stay plaque and bacteria from building up in your mouth and around your teeth.
In order to keep your teeth and gums healthy, practice these 4 steps on a regular basis:
- Brush your teeth every time after you eat or at least twice a day and use an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Floss daily.
- Clean your tongue daily with your toothbrush or scraper.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups
When you practice good oral hygiene you will:
- Experience faster cleanings during regular checkups due to the regression of plaque build-up.
- Minimize the need for other dental procedures that come with gum disease or tooth decay.
- Feel more confident about your smile and overall health.
Different Boynton Beach Cosmetic Dentist Services That We Offer
Dental Hygienist Cleaning
Regular dental checkups are essential to good oral hygiene and are the best way to detect problems at their earliest stages. Early detection and treatment can save time, money, and unnecessary discomfort. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends a dental checkup twice a year but can be increased or reduced depending on the overall health of your teeth and gums. Our dental hygienists will perform a series of exams and checks during your checkup. Those include:
- Visual exam – Exam of your mouth, jaw, face, and neck. An intraoral camera allows us to see all the surface areas inside your mouth. You will be able to watch the real-time, tooth-by-tooth video exam on your chairside monitor.
- Dental Diagnostics – We take digital x-rays to spot any dental problems that are hiding from the naked eye during your initial oral exam.
- Gingival Pocket Exam – A gingival pocket exam is then performed to ensure there is no food debris or plaque building up between the tooth and gums.
- Professional Cleaning – When cleaning your teeth they use special instruments to remove plaque from above and below the gumline. Once every tooth is cleaned, your teeth are then polished. Tooth polishing makes every tooth in your mouth look and feel great. This process also helps smoothes the surfaces of your teeth so plaque is less likely to build up.
- Electronic dental record – your dental data is stored securely and electronically.
Don’t trust your teeth health to just anyone, trust in the cosmetic dentist professionals in Boynton Beach!
Is Getting Dental Implants in Boynton Beach Painful?
It’s perfectly understandable that you’re scared of getting dental implants in Boynton Beach. It may interest you to know, however, that removing a single tooth is actually far more painful than receiving treatment from a Boynton Beach implant dentist. Receiving dental implants, in fact, is actually much less painful than most anticipate. And part of this is because most implant dentists, especially in Boynton Beach, will apply novocaine – or some other numbing agent – to their practice so that you won’t feel a thing during the procedure. And the only pain you’ll likely feel is when the numbing agent wears off and get a little soreness in the mouth. And if it’s too uncomfortable, then your Boynton Beach implant dentist will prescribe you pain medication and might even recommend for you a certain diety to help quicken your recovery.
When you’re looking for the most experienced implant dentist in Boynton Beach, call Dr. Pohl. With his robust knowledge and expert touch, you’ll be granted with the most high-quality implant dentist services in Boynton Beach.
Teeth whitening is not necessarily a new treatment. It is, however, far more advanced than it used to be, allowing us to quickly and effectively whiten your teeth regardless of discoloration issues. Do you have sensitive teeth? Don’t worry about it. We have teeth whitening procedures for everybody! Whether it is from coffee stains, smoking, break down of enamel, etc., the teeth whitening procedures used at our dentist office are the newest and most advanced of dental procedures, allowing us to whiten your teeth effectively. Our cosmetic dentist in Boynton Beach offers two options of bleaching, at-home bleaching or in-office bleaching.
- At-home bleaching – is when impressions of your teeth are taken and custom trays are molded to your teeth. Once you have your custom trays, a bleaching gel is applied to the inside of the to the trays and worn between 1-3 hours. Carbamide peroxide is the active ingredient in most whitening gels and when mixed with water, this white crystal releases hydrogen peroxide and lightens the teeth. At-home bleaching can take up to two weeks or as little as three days to whiten one’s teeth.
- In-office bleaching – this process takes just over an hour and more so for those who do not have the time or patience to utilize custom trays. Most people who choose our in-office bleaching option desire immediate results. The Zoom! technology we utilize is a game-changer and will cut your overall bleaching time in half.
The Zoom! technology is the culmination of research into light technology and a specific hydrogen peroxide gel formula. Zoom! is a two-part treatment system that helps reduce the time it takes to achieve whiter teeth. In just one hour, your teeth will be dramatically whiter. The new Advanced Power Zoom is the latest improvement and has replaced the older Zoom! technology. This new Zoom! product is definitely more powerful and effective than ever before. There are several other types of teeth whitening products available but Dr. Pohl feels the Zoom! technology offers the best results! Results can last anywhere from one to five years depending on your personal daily habits. Drinking coffee or tea, dark sodas, smoking, and or the use of chewing tobacco will shorten your lightness results.
There are different dental fillings options available that include:
- Tooth-colored Fillings – These white fillings or “tooth-colored” fillings can help restore the natural appearance of your tooth. In addition, restoring teeth that have fractured or decayed tooth-colored fillings may also be used cosmetically to change the size, color, and shape of your teeth. Particularly, it is useful in repairing chipped teeth, closing gaps between teeth, and making teeth appear to be more even or straight. These white fillings are mostly made up of composite resin and can restore 85%-95% of the original strength of the tooth.
- Cavity Fillings – cavities can form in pockets in the teeth that are not properly cleaned and may require a cavity filling. Once the tooth that houses the cavity or decay is identified, your cosmetic dentist will numb your teeth and gums with novocaine to lessen discomfort during the procedure. They will then remove the decayed portion of the tooth and fill it with a white filling that consists of composite resin. There are other options like gold, silver amalgam, and porcelain that can be used. This process is fairly fast and does not take long. Your mouth will remain numb for a few more hours until the novocaine wears off. There are no significant risks associated with cavity fillings, but be sure to keep your dentist’s contact information on hand in case you experience any complications or have questions.
Porcelain Veneers in Boynton Beach
Are you self conscious of how your teeth look? You owe it to yourself to be able to smile and not be embarrassed. Give us a call today for a porcelain veneers consultation near Boynton Beach. Once an examination of your gums, teeth, and bone structure has been completed, we take impressions of your teeth. A wax-up is created and serves as a blueprint for your Boynton Beach veneers. A tooth-colored porcelain veneer is then placed over your existing tooth or teeth. This allows us to hide or correct imperfections such as chips, gaps, stains, overall color, and teeth misalignment. Normally, patients will need three visits or phases to complete our process. Planning the treatment phase, the preparation phase, and the bonding phase. Good oral hygiene and proper care will allow your porcelain veneers to last for many years. You will have the beautiful new smile that you’ve always hoped for with our Boynton Beach porcelain veneer services from our cosmetic dentist!
- DaVinci Veneers – These are regarded as the world’s finest veneers. Dr. Pohl only uses DaVinci dental studios. DaVinci continues to create beautiful cosmetic porcelain veneers in Boynton Beach and has done so over the last 30 years. DaVinci dental laboratories were the first to introduce porcelain veneers to Hollywood. They have been showcased on television shows such as FOX’s “The Swan” and ABC’s “Extreme Makeover”. Top dental professionals consider these veneers as the world’s finest porcelain veneers. They are made form the highest quality of materials and handcrafted by the best artisans in the industry. No other porcelain veneer can match daVinci’s superior quality and aesthetic value.
Once you receive your new Boynton Beach porcelain veneers, you’ll gain many benefits from their new inclusion. For one, you’ll get a natural look that’s accompanied by your new porcelain veneers in Boynton Beach. And because they look so natural, no one will ever be able to suspect that they’re even there. And their natural look will be maintained because your Boynton Beach porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. What this means is that you’ll never have to worry about excessively scrubbing your teeth to make them look perfect. Finally, they’ll be tolerated by your gums so you should expect no irritation, whatsoever. This way, they’ll provide significantly increased strength to your teeth’s structure.
Do you hesitate to smile because of a tooth problem? Dental crowns have become the most popular way to bring back your ear to ear smile. Our cosmetic dental team in Boynton Beach has the most knowledge and experience of any cosmetic dentist and general dentistry office in the area. Dental crowns are used when a tooth experiences significant damage and can not be repaired with a typical filling. The dental crown will restore the size, shape, and strength of a damaged tooth. Once the crown is cemented in place, it fully covers the damaged tooth that lies above the gum line. Dental crowns help improve a tooth that suffers from decay, cracks, worn, broken, or fissures caused by bite problems or trauma. They can also be useful by holding a dental bridge in place or protecting a tooth after a root canal treatment. We offer two types of crowns, PFM (porcelain fused to metal) which is the most popular crown type, and the Bruxzir dental crown which is all zirconium crown that is virtually indestructible. Dr. Pohl uses only the best dental components and will not leave an ugly black line at the gum line, cause any allergic reactions, or create any sensitivity issues. Practicing good oral hygiene will allow your dental crown to last many years.
A Gum Lift provides a framed look to your gum line and teeth. The framing of your gum line is essential to your teeth and their overall health as is having a quality frame to a painting. The gum line-height should be symmetrically draped around each tooth especially around your two front teeth and your two canines. A typical problem is having unsymmetrical gum tissue. This will cause one tooth to look larger than the other or gives your teeth the appearance of a “gummy” smile. The result is your teeth appear small and your gum tissue is visibly more noticeable. Dr. Pohl performs this surgical procedure known as a simple cosmetic gum lift to give your gum tissue a more aesthetically balanced appearance. By utilizing a laser and topical anesthetic, the gum tissue heals quickly with minimal discomfort. Our cosmetic gum lift is a remarkably simple procedure and will make a tremendous difference in your smile. Contact our cosmetic dentist in Boynton Beach to find out if a gum lift is right for you!
Invisalign and Teeth Straightening
Invisalign offers our patients an alternative to the traditional use of metal braces. People who have experienced braces as a kid knows all too well of just how annoying and painful braces can be. In fact, most adults do not like or want the look that is associated with having to wear braces on their teeth. They are clear, unnoticeable, custom-molded to your teeth and are easy to remove. Invisalign aligners are typically less expensive and achieve results faster than wearing traditional braces. Once you have an oral evaluation, we will consult and address any issues you may have regarding the Invisalign process as it works in stages. In the beginning stages, it is recommended that you wear your Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 22 hours per day. There will be an adjustment period at first but then you will forget you are wearing them. You will then be asked to revisit us every six to twelve weeks to update your progress and provide another set of aligners. The whole process can take up to 9 months and in some more challenging cases, up to 2 years. Invisalign treats an assortment of issues that include, crossbite, overbite, underbite, open bite, crowding, and spacing. Get your smile and confidence back with our Invisalign aligners today!
Boynton Beach Dentures
If you’re looking for the absolute best Boynton Beach dentures, you can get yours crafted by none other than Dr. Pohl. For every patient that has had the pleasure of receiving treatment from our dental office, Dr. Pohl has artisanally created amazing dentures for Boynton Beach residents. When he’s constructing yours, your new dentures will look so natural that absolutely no one will be able to tell that they’re not your real teeth. Additionally, they’ll be able to align with your teeth so well that your smile will look like a work of art. You will never have to hide your smile again after you visit our office because we can give you the dentures you need in Boynton Beach today!
Emergency Dentistry in Boynton Beach
Our cosmetic dental facility provides emergency dentistry in Boynton Beach to all patients that are experiencing a dental emergency. When you come to our office, we do everything in our power ensuring your dental emergency is treated within 24 hours. We hope that you never have to deal with a dental emergency, but should one occur, call our office at 561-562-4085.
It is only during office hours that we do our best to accommodate you and your Boynton Beach dental emergency. Dental emergencies can, unfortunately, occur at any given moment and our facility isn’t always open for business. But, rest assured, if a dental emergency does occur, you’ll find Dr. Pohl accessible and capable of handling your situation when our facility is open.
What Dental Emergencies Do We Treat In Boynton Beach?
Emergency dentistry is needed by Boynton Beach citizens for a variety of reasons, one of which being that they can strike at any time. Oral pain can be fatiguing and it can prevent you from carrying on with your regular life. In many cases, the pain can become so unbearable that it will need to be treated right away.
Whatever your dental emergency is, Dr. Pohl will be here for you and he’ll do his best to get you taken care of as quickly as possible.
Some possible dental emergencies that you may have that we can help with include:
- Tooth Ache or Pain
- Emergency Root Canal Treatment
- Broken Tooth Extractions
- Swollen and Infected Gums
- Tissue or Tooth Trauma
- Broken Dentures
- Fractured or Lost Veneers
No matter if your dental emergency was caused by playing sports or if your gums are swollen and are in pain, we can help you. Regardless of the cause of your tooth pain, Dr. Pohl will make accommodations to get you in as fast as possible so we can treat the cause of the pain. Trust Dr. Pohl to provide you with top-notch emergency dentistry in Boynton Beach.
Why Choose Us for All Of Your Boynton Beach Cosmetic Dentistry Needs?
As you know, many people fear to visit the dentist. Knowing the years of experience and knowledge Dr. Pohl brings to work every day will help ease your mind with any procedure. His meticulous attention to detail ensures all of his patients that visit will leave our office having had the best cosmetic dentistry work done. We treat all of our clients like family and have them leaving with a new smile that is beyond their expectations. For any, and all cosmetic dentistry needs in Boynton Beach, give us a call today at (561)-999-0889.
Start Seeing Results Today
Creating Beautiful Smiles. Great Teeth, Better Life.
Dr. Pohl has helped thousands of patients transform their lives. Schedule your free dental consultation.Request An Appointment